Saturday, May 17, 2014

POST: Judi Kazakowich, Columnist: "Tecfidera has definitely made a difference in my life. So the tecfidera along with exercise and less STRESS has been my God send"

MY POSITIVE RESULTS WITH TECFIDERA

I've been having amazing improvements in my day to day living since July 3,2013, my first dose of tecfidera . One morning this past week I lay in bed and something felt different - it was like I could feel the blanket on my feet, it was like the blanket was too heavy. I stayed In bed thinking about this change. What was going on? There was no numbness in my feet? infact it felt like cement socks were taken off my feet. Wow!

As my morning continued I noticed when I stood up to get out of bed I had my balance and I was just much steadier. I usually use a walker in the house but not this morning - I used my walker to the bathroom but from there to the kitchen I just walked and was steady! I had my coffee at the table rethinking my morning steps and I guess you could say I felt "free", felt kind of "released", no restrictions!!!!! OMG what a GREAT feeling!
Some other things I've noticed are that I'm not as fatigued as I used to be an my mind has had less "brain fog". Things seem more clear as well as less forgetfulness. I feel it's improved my memory.



I hope this is not going to jinx me - but this is how I feel!

I feel that the majority of my feeling so good is due to Tecfidera. But I must also give some credit to a lifestyle change I've made. Since July 6th I have a new caregiver so I'm not sure how much is from the tecfidera and how much is from the change of caregiver. Since the new caregiver I've had much less stress in daily living.

I'm sure this has been a part of my improvement as well as getting out and being more active. Tecfidera has definitely made a difference in my life. So the tecfidera along with exercise and less STRESS has been my God send.


There's no doubt in my mind that tecfidera us the drug for me :))

Now I'm anxious for tecfidera to be covered by Alberta Health Care so that our daughter and my sister, and my cousin can afford to go on it! Currently our daughter and my cousin are doing well on copaxone, but my sister is having some struggles - she is on Avonex. We are hoping they can start tecfidera in the new year!


We become too comfortable with our m.s. life that we forget about the important things that help better our life with m.s. These are things as simple as eating properly, exercising, getting enough rest and taking our meds and vitamins properly.


I think that living with m.s. we have so much going on that we don't even realize how stressful life can be. My previous caregiver stressed me without me even realizing it. Our daughters were suspicious and uncomfortable with her from the start. Turns out they were right. She used me in more ways than one. She took stuff from our home which included my daughters clothing, candles, Tupperware and probably much we haven't even noticed but I couldn't see it until she attempted fraud. Then my eyes opened! For an nitre year I let her take advantage of me and mt family. Needless to say I had to fire her. She was a younger girl, 20 years because I thought I wanted someone the same age as my daughter who had been my caregiver.

I think having m.s.makes us somewhat vulnerable and we need to be aware that there are people who will stoop as low as taking advantage of the disabled! SICK!

So now with my new caregiver, who is abit older 41, I'm totally at ease. Her main concern is my well being, I rest when I need to, I do exercises and most important is that we have fun! There is no friction with our daughters. She has supper on the go before Vic is home from work. She is very dependable and can come whenever I need her. I truly believe not having the stress of not knowing what to expect from her (she was not punctual) and no conflicts between her and the girls has made life so easier.

Stress be gone!