Saturday, May 17, 2014

Jeannine Everett, Columnist & Tecfidera Editor: MY TECFIDERA DIARY & TIPS: 3 ½ Months on Tecfidera (I think but close)



I can’t believe I am losing count on my weeks on this drug, I guess it’s a good sign.  It hasn’t been that bad at all.

I have been taking Pepcid (small red pill) with each dose until I started once again with stomach cramps so my doctor switched me to Pepto-Bismol to help that.

I also started to get the flashing back (since I am post menopausal (YEAH!) I don’t know if it is me or the medication but I did get back the sunburn when I go outside.  I use aloe lotion to help with that.

He told me to once in awhile stop these aids to see if I still need to take them.  OK, I did but it was a hot mess and I was sure now I could have a rectal exam after the night ended and of course this started at 3am and went through most of the morning.  But I can now get some new underwear and jimmies because they are now with the trash collector.

I am taking a trip in 2 weeks to see my granddaughter turn 1 and my new grandson born on the 5th of November so since a plane ticket is so expensive ($500 from Arizona to California grrrrrr have to write a rant on that) I am taking the train (24 hour trip) and am a little nervous about it even though I love taking the train. I have decided to buy those Silhouette diapers to take with me just in case as well as a suitcase of catheters.

Until I get back, Be Well.